Friday, November 7, 2008

"Lunchtime, doubly so."

The cold of November has finally arrived. The worst week of the year has finally passed. Fall back, setting the clocks back an hour (time is now STANDARD), has got to be one of mankind's worst inventions. If one could call an idea an invention. Inventive...
Alas, the need for people to have their winter daylight spent at the office what have you, seems to outweigh going to work in the dark. Yes, I understand we needed to get away from the sun as a time telling mechanism. NO, I don't have to like it.
Maybe I am just spoiled as I get up when my children do and haven't used an alarm clock, well, crap, in a long while.

Speaking of being out of doors...?...Yesterday, after 4 days of 70 degree weather, no I'm not going to use celsius [OK I've spelled that word like 10 different ways and still can't get comfortable with it]....so, Yesterday, my daughter and I were outside in the moist and rainy day. The humidity felt high...ugh...the air was wet and the wind was a blowin'. I checked my weather rock, so I'm spot on. While she played digging in the dirt, I sat and lamented the rain in that I couldn't read a book or do anything to hide myself from involvement. So we went walking around in the drizzle having a silly time trying to find leaves to do some rubbings.

That's how I used my standard time.

P.S. Don't ever burn broccoli

2 comments:

Craig F said...

Tell me about it...two days ago, I was out in (out in?) shorts and flip flops...tomorrow, I'll be in a turtleneck and long underwear (other things, too) as I stand on the sidelines of a football game in South Dakota.

necrodancer said...

Believe me when I say, I miss the cold weather. You see, although I was born in California, I grew to love the weather in Illinois - from the hot, humid but short summers to the extreme but mostly dry winters. My favorite time in Illinois has to be a toss-up between late fall and early to mid-spring. I left Illinois just one year ago but we're scheming on ways I can return. The kids aren't certain about this but the wife and I are certain. We're moving back!